Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Random thoughts about traditional education

One thing I don't like about traditional education is that it limits my creativity. School tells you to be "afraid" to do mistakes. Students who commit less mistakes (by following exact instructions instead of thinking out of the box) are treated gods while exceptional dancers, musicians, and "true artists" are considered "low-level academic creatures".

People teach their children to "study hard, get good grades, and find a stable high paying job, with excellent benefits" (like Robert Kiyosaki once said but not agreed upon) not knowing that excellence in what you really want to do is the key to success (a very underrated way to get rich too), and not those damned formulas which you don't really use everyday. Don't get me wrong, I like maths. But when numbers bring me down...



No comments:

Post a Comment